Indo - Bangladesh Co-operation in Education

All courses offered by any University or Institute in India are open to Bangladeshi nationals under the foreign student category.  However, courses like Fazil/ Kamil or religious courses can be pursued only after clearance from Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India . While for general courses in Arts/Science and commerce and Cultural courses, students can approach the  University/Colleges directly, for MBBS course, a student has to apply to the High commission of  India , Dhaka  under the relevant scheme of Government of  India . Direct admission to the above course is not permitted.

For General Courses such as  Bachelor's  and Master's Degree  in Arts, Pure Science, Commerce, Cultural Courses,  Education and Law Bangladeshi  students  can  approach Foreign Students Advisor of any Indian University for admission provided 12 years of schooling have been completed successfully. No clearance  from Government  of  India is required. Bangladeshi  students  are  to apply to the High Commission for obtaining student visa. Scholarships are also available for the above courses except  Education/ Law.

MCA,  MBA, Hotel  Management  and  other Professional Courses: M.PHIL/PHD in any subject Bangladeshi students can approach the concerned university/ Institute directly for admission. For PHD a "No objection certificate" from government of India is required, for which the student may apply at the Education Wing of the Indian Embassy. In deserving cases, limited number of scholarships are also provided for pursuing MBA and Research Programs (M.Phil / Ph.D.)

For MBBS, BDS, B.E., B.PHARMA and DIPLOMA in ENGINEERING courses Bangladeshi students desirous of seeking admission  to these  courses  in India especially in  Government  Institutions, should  apply through Education Wing of High Commission of  India as direct applications from foreign nationals are not entertained by  Institutions/Universities.  While MBBS, BDS, and  Diploma  in Engg  courses can be pursued under Self-financing scheme of Government  of India , BE and B.Pharma courses can be  pursued  under both Self Financing Scheme (SFS) as well as scholarship schemes. If a candidate  secures admission  on his own in MBBS/BE course in a private  Institution in India, an NOC from Government of India is required for  pursuing the course.

The schedule for both the schemes, ICCR  scholarship/ government of India Self-financing scheme is announced  in third  week  of December every year by High Commission  of  India through advertisements in local press as well as notification which is  displayed  on the notice board in the premises  of  the  High Commission.

A candidate must have secured a  minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination (equivalent to  standard 10 + 2 in India), 60% in PCB/PCM and 50% in  English for BE/B Pharmacy course under SFS course, tuition fee is $ 3000 - 6000 per year.

Post Graduate course in Medicine
For  foreign  nationals,  admission  to   Post-graduate courses  in  medicine is entertained at all  India  Institute  of Medical  Science, New Delhi and Post-graduate Institute of  medicine, education  and  Research, Chandigarh.  Selection  is  done through  a written competitive examination twice a year.  An  NOC from Government of India is necessary to enable the candidates to appear  in  the competitive examination,  for  which  Bangladeshi nationals  may  consult High Commission of  India  for  necessary guidance and advice.

For admission to PG courses in Engg and Technology a candidate can apply to HCI under the scholarship scheme or obtain  direct admission.

More Information
For  more information our library located at  Road No. 24, House No. 35, Gulshan-I may be visited where educational books for consultation are available. Students may also seek such  information from education officer of HCI, Dhaka by a personal visit.


In addition, for postgraduate and Ph.D.  programmes  in Engg. and Technology, he student should have passed the Graduate  Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). This applies to those International students who obtained their Engg. or Technology degree in India .  The GATE examination is conducted annually by the  Indian Institute of Technology at different centres in India . A proof of passing  the GATE examination should be submitted  along with  the application for admission.